All new Majorca Flats episodes are now being posted to my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account.

There's also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog and my group.

Saturday 30 November 2013

493


“I know,” replied Luigi.  And he did.  He remembered Cody’s reaction when he had cut him out of his life.   The way he had sobbed as he walked away from the flat.  “Thing is … how many women will be OK with you having a bloke in your life?  A lover?  Even if they know about it right from the beginning?”
“I know.  It’s …. Yeah, I know.  Thank you, Lou.”
“For what?  I chucked you out and you went on to pick up the murderer.  Thanks aren’t needed, mate.”
 “I deserved it.  I lied to you and to her.  I lied and lied and lied.  I pretended one thing and did another.”
Luigi didn’t know how to react to this bitter outburst.  It was true.  And it was that which had so hurt and angered him.  The deceit.  The lies.  Would have been so angry if he’d known from the first that Cody was married?  That his wife would come first?  He tried to imagine whether he would have fallen in love if he’d known Cody was married. 
“Cody, you can’t go back and change what you did.  All you can do is try not to do it again.”
“No Try not.  Do … or do not.  There is no try.”  Cody’s voice was solemn.
Luigi burst out laughing.  Cody looked at him and then also started laughing.  Luigi nearly drove off the side of the road he was laughing so much.
“Tool!” he said, still laughing.  “I know, let’s get the video tonight.  And a bottle of champers. ” Luigi said, still chuckling.   “The Force is strong in you, Yody.”

The crisis was over.  For now.  But both knew it would return.
Episodes 1 to 480 (without pictures, 20 episodes per chapter)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...