All new Majorca Flats episodes are now being posted to my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account.

There's also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog and my group.

Saturday 2 February 2013

402


“Grandam, how are you feeling today?”
“Much better, thank you, Jason.  Not nearly so tired and worn.”
“What would you like to do?”
“Well, I don’t know.  Do you have to work, today?”
“I work in the afternoon and at night, at the bar.  But I’ve taken today off.   I’ll have to work tomorrow, though.”
“Work is good for you … but surely you could contact …”
“… No.  It was the money that … with Brent.  I … if …”  He gulped.  His eyes were shiny with tears.
“It wasn’t just the money my darling boy, you know that, so much more, but people like us have a duty you know to make a difference …”
“…like mum does?”
“Oh your mother …”  Most unusually, Lucasta could think of nothing to say.  I don’t want to turn him against her but truly she is so silly and she puts her children against her without trying and makes such a fuss about unimportant things really I wish I could think of something to say to him poor dear boy so much pain and no way to undo the damage.
In the end, she kissed him on his cheek, and said, “Whatever you want to do, my dear boy.  I am at your disposal.”

Episodes 1 to 260 (without pictures, 10 episodes per chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...